Saturday, June 4, 2011

Typhlops, just as disgusting as it sounds


Last night I was greeted by this little creature on my bathroom floor as I was about to start getting ready for bed. Yes, you heard me right. ON MY BATHROOM FLOOR. I do not know why this disturbs me so much. Maybe because a bathroom is where you are suppose to feel safe and clean all the time. Yeah, maybe thats why. Or maybe that this means this little creature traveled all through our house to get to the bathroom. That bothers me too. Either way, it's scary and gross! I almost stepped on it and screamed very loudly. Shane was very confused and quite frankly I don't think he believed me when I said there was a large worm/snake in our bathroom. But, yes there it was! Shane being scared of snakes and things of that sort didn't want to pick it up. So he grabbed a hanger nearby and picked it up with that and flushed it down the toilet. We were still very confused on what exactly it was because it resembled a worm..no head, skinny.....but it was much longer than any worm I have ever seen. About 10 inches long! And the way it moved around was much like a snake. SO, Shane googled worm snakes this morning and look what he found...the culprit!



The Typhlops, also know in as the blindsnake. They are said to be found in Europe, Africa, Asia and Central and South America. So why were you in my bathroom? Hm, good question. Okay, I know I am a bit dramatic. BUT would you like to find one of these things in your bathroom? Yeah, I didn't think so! Yuck



1 comment: