Wednesday, August 3, 2011

"These Hill Country Flies are so Dumb"

So this past weekend I took a much needed girl's vacay with three of my best friends, Erin, Rachel and Amy to good ole Fredericksburg, TX. Now that we are adults (still am not used to saying that) trips like this are vital. Seriously. We talked about how they are even somewhat therapeutic. I have driven past Fredericksburg thousands of times because it is on my route from Abilene to San Antonio, but I have never taken the time to really explore there. For us this was the perfect destination for our away time because it was close to all of us and since Rachel has a ranch about 20 minutes from there we had a place to stay too!

So off we went to the German town. We arrived and ate lunch a nice little German restaurant. It was tasty, but had far too many potato sides. I mean come on, I know it's vacation, but we wanted to be a little bit healthy. Then we were off to shopping. Though I think the only thing that was purchased was a turquoise necklace (I have been a search for a good one for too long) and Rachel got a cute little dress. That.is.it. I personally was so excited for shopping in Fredericksburg. But sadly we found that we couldn't find much stuff that was our style and if we did it was way too over priced. Sad huh. Oh well, we made up for it by going back to the ranch and swimming and catching up for hours upon hours. I'm telling you, so therapeutic.

We had big plans for Saturday. One of the things we were looking forward to most during our trip was that we were going to go Wine Tasting. It is something we had all heard about and now that we are adults we wanted to give it a try! The initial plan was to get up early and head to the first vineyard. Did that happen? Of course not. Who gets up early on vacations? Certainly not us. We went to two places for wine tasting. One was much too crowded and the employees weren't much of help to us wine tasting newbies. But the second place we went to, D'Vine Wine, was much better. It was a much smaller tasting room but it was so much more relaxing and fun. Our server was much more helpful and I personally loved the wines here. I am still kicking myself that I didn't bring a bottle home of their Pomegranate wine! Gosh what was I thinking not getting some! After tasting, we were off to get pedicures and then we topped the evening with a scrumptious Mexican food dinner.

I was so thankful for this girl's weekend. I hope there are many more to come..

No comments:

Post a Comment