Wednesday, August 3, 2011

It is Done....At least till next season that is..

Ah sometimes I wonder who really reads my blog out there. Or better yet, if they enjoy reading it. Hm....I'll never know. But that's okay. I'll just keeping writing about the things I enjoy most. And one of those things just so happens to be silly reality tv shows called The Bachelor/Bachelorette.

Two nights ago was the finale, and I don't know about all of you, but I most certainly was not dissapointed. I left work at 5 just plain giddy to get home make dinner and some brownies AND watch the Bachelorette. I know I am silly and lots of people, including my husband and mother think I am crazy to love this show. But I really believe the reason I enjoy it so much is because I love seeing people fall in love. Okay, I am not going to defend myself any longer. I am a hopeless romantic and still have faith that this show CAN produce love..sometimes. Erin, one of my besties came over to watch with me. Which was fun because although we both loved both of the guys, I think she was pulling more for Ben and I was on JP's boat.

And it began...first up the meeting of the parents. JP had the first opportunity to meet Ashley’s family. All I can say is, Poor JP I still can't believe Ashley's sister ripped into him the way she did. He seemed so defenseless and defeated :( Out of every season, I have never seen a family member be that tough on a contestant. Good thing her opinion didn't change Ashley's mind :)
Ben’s family date was next, and even though I was team JP, I couldn't help but love the playful connection Ashley and him had. Ashley and Ben doing their dog voices, was the best.

Up until the plane arriving, Erin and I were still unsure who she would pick. But Ben was first, which typically means you are a goner. Poor guy. He was so confident. And when he started talking about losing one family member 4 years ago and gaining one today I almost lost it. I felt so bad for him. And I couldn't believe he got down on one knee. If he hadn't cut Ashley off and let her let him go before he did that! Shesh. I don't blame him for being so upset. That is how most people would be if they proposed and got rejected. Don't worry Ben. You hopefully will be the next Bachelor and you can find love again there.

Now to JP...Goodness I was so excited to watch Ashley tell him he was her pick. I thought his proposal was perfect and so so sweet. So happy that she picked him. They genuinely seem in love. I hope they actually will work. Oh and her engagement ring isn't so bad looking either. Talk about a rock. Goodness gracious its gorgeous!


Well,  it's been fun watching. Thank you Bachelorette for making my summers nights not so boring :)

3 comments:

  1. I read your blog and enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog and could not wait for the finale either! I am so pumped that she actually made the right choice! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your blog! But, then again, I'm your mom and I read all my daughter's blogs! I do love to read about your tv reality things. Most of which I am a buff about also. Just had to let this one go because of last couple of seasons...sorry. Glad JP won and I, too hope it works out! Love you!

    ReplyDelete