Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentines!

Because of Shane's schedule with firefighting school, we decided to celebrate Valentines on Sunday. Which honestly was probably the best decision because we got to beat all the crowds and madness! And even though we were technically celebrating on Sunday, it turned out to be pretty much a three day celebration. And I am definitely not complaining about that!

It all started Saturday night. Shane and I decided to have a sleepover in the living room? Why? 1. The weather got really cold on Saturday and even snowed on Sunday. So we decided that we should sleep by our wood burning stove and stay nice and toasty since we don't use our heater :) [I know that sounds crazy that we don't use it, but since we got the wood burning stove we really don't need it! Just think of the money we are saving! I know you are jealous!] 2. Because we make our dogs sleep in their kennel at night and we thought it would be nice to get to sleep with us for once. 3. The main reason, we just wanted to do something different and fun! So we moved our guest bedroom mattress into the living room. Chose a movie from Shane's firefighter movie collection and broke out the strawberry ice cream! I know it sounds kind of silly to be doing this, but you know it is the small things in life! I even proposed that we do sleepovers every night. Ha, not gonna happen.


Sunday came and I woke up to Shane making me a scrumptious breakfast. Such a treat!


We headed to church and then off to see a matinee showing of "The Vow". Then that evening Shane's parents took Shane and I along with his brother Hunter and girlfriend Kaitlyn to Perini's. If you are an Abilene person you know that this too is a big treat!

Monday was a typical Monday, fast and furious.

Then came Tuesday. The official Valentine's day. I woke up to another breakfast made my Shane. Wow, I could get use to this :) Then came out to roses, a ballon and a sweet card.


Then I came to work with another sweet little gift sitting on my desk from one of my co-workers.


Overall, I had a wonderful Valentines. Whether you are married, in a relationship or single remember that Valentines is not about the gifts [even though they are nice:)] but rather a day we remember how special love is. Love that you might have already, love that is to come, love from your friends and family and ultimately a day to remember that you are always loved by your heavenly father!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that y'all had a sleepover. It is the little things. Our first year of marriage we lived in a tiny one bedroom apartment. Every Sunday night we rented a movie and made a pallet on the living room floor to watch it. 7 years later it's still one of my favorite memories. It doesn't have to cost a lot of money to be special!

    ReplyDelete