Sunday, March 24, 2013

Week 27


We are now in our third trimester! Wow, I really can't believe it. It seems like just yesterday we were just finding out about this little one and I remember thinking that the third trimester would never get here. But it is here and we are just so excited that in less than three months we will be meeting Hutton!

We are officially in baby mode. Trying to get everything that we already have in the baby room sorted, getting baby registries completed, showers are on the calendar, maternity photo session has been booked, birthing classes happening in two weeks. It's been crazy busy around here, but it is such an exciting time! Two weekends ago we headed to Coppell to visit my sister Marci and her family. They were giving us their rocker/chair that they used for their two kids and we were so excited to be getting it from them. The chair is beautiful and was just what we were wanting. Well on the way back to Abilene with the chair in tow....it flew out of the back of the truck onto the highway. Words can't really express the madness that was going on and how sad I was. I thought the chair would be ruined. I mean it flipped out onto the HIGHWAY. Miraculously it just suffered two minor holes in the fabric. I thought we would have to pay tons of $$ to get it reupholstered...which made me even more sad because I already loved the fabric that it had originally. BUT we were able to get the holes stitched up and you literally can't even tell what happened to it. And now we know we have one sturdy chair if it can handle what happened to it ;-)

I wish I would have taken before pictures with the holes in the chair, but I forgot. But here it is now! See...can't even tell anything happened to it!

 Speaking of my sister Marci, will y'all be praying for my nephew Joshua? He broke his leg (tibia to be exact) jumping off a jungle gym :-( Poor guy is only two so you can only imagine how hard it is for him! Be praying for quick healing! 



How far along?: 27 weeks 3 days

Baby is the size of a: Head of Cauliflower, around 16 in. and 2.5 lbs

Development this week: Hutton's practicing inhaling and exhaling with his rapidly developing lungs
. It's official: Baby's showing brain activity! And his brain will keep on getting more complex.

Best moment this week: Getting Hutton's Chair back from getting it fixed. It was such a relief that you couldn't even tell what happened to it!

Food cravings: Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Can't get enough!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing this week.

Symptoms: Leg cramps...oh mama. They are bad. I have about three or four charley horses during the middle of each night. Not too bueno. 

Happy or Moody most of the time: Still happy. Although I do start getting moody when my back starts hurting :-/

Looking forward to: EASTER!


No comments:

Post a Comment