Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Week 31! Holy moly where is the time going??

Yeah, you read that right. 31 weeks! I remember back when I first found out I was pregnant, anything in the thirties seemed like so far away. But here we are! We are getting so anxious to meet our little boy! But I am getting a little nervous. Not necessarily about being a mom (suprisingly, I am just really excited about that) but more about the birth and making sure we have everything ready and prepared before he gets here!

We have been ridiculously busy the last couple of weeks and I know it is just going to get more crazy around here! So let's get to the good stuff..

Three weekends ago, we celebrated Easter with my parents. They came up to Abilene and it was really awesome having them here and of course having my mom help me decorate the nursery. It is just about done!

On Tuesday of last week.....we found out that SHANE GOT THE JOB WITH THE ABILENE FIRE DEPARTMENT!!! I havn't talked a whole lot about this on here, other them him finishing the Fire Academy last August. But in January, Shane started the application/hiring process to be a Firefighter here in Abilene. It has been a LONG four months waiting to see if he got the job. I really can't put into words how proud and excited I am for Shane. He has found something that he is so passionate about and I love seeing him follow his dreams. Hutton sure has a good daddy to look up to!

Thursday we got a new puppy! I know people probably think we are crazy for getting a puppy two months before having a baby and thats okay. We might be a little crazy! BUT I've been really sad since Frank died and mostly because I feel so bad for Lucy. She has been SO lonley and is craving our attention all the time. So we decided that she needed a friend. We would like to introduce you to you, Miles! Yes he is a pug. Can you imagine me with any other type of dog? Of course not. He is 7 weeks old and just a tiny little thing. He is about 2 lbs and the sweetest little guy. He has being sleeping through the night (hallelujah) and doing really well!

Right after getting Miles we headed to San Antonio and spent Thursday-Monday with my parents. It was so nice getting to spend time with them, my sister Clarissa and getting to watch my nephews play Soccer!

So there is the last couple of weeks in a nut shell. Now you know why I havn't updated this in so long! Now, here are the latest stats!

How far along?: 31 weeks

Baby is the size of a: Pineapple! My favorite fruit :-)  He's about 15.2 to 16.7 inches long and weighs about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds this month.

Development this week: He's going through major brain and nerve development. Eye development, too. His irises now react to light! All five of his senses are in working order.

Best moment this week: Finding out about Shane getting the job! and getting Miles :-)

Food cravings: Jello. Super random

Anything making you queasy or sick: I have been SO lucky to really have nothing make me queasy or sick this whole pregnancy.

Symptoms: Leg cramps still, back aches and just feeling really uncomfortable. I know it is all so worth it though. I will just enjoy not feeling like an old lady anymore!

Happy or Moody most of the time: Very very happy!

Looking forward to: Our showers! Who ever evented showers was the smartest/nicest/best person ever!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, did you just write THIRTY ONE weeks?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable!!! Love that scarf. Congrats on your little baby!

    ReplyDelete