Thursday, August 23, 2012

Weekend of Celebrations

This weekend was a busy one...but a busy one for good reasons. It started on Friday with Shane's graduation from Firefighter School. My parents, my sister Clarissa and my nephews Tyson and Tucker all came for it. I am so excited for Shane and for what his future holds. He has worked so hard the last year on this Firefighter Academy. Studying way more than I have ever seen him do ;-) I knew he did well in his classes, but little did I know how good he really did. There are two awards that they give at the graduation. One is an academic award for the student with the highest average and the other is an Espirit De Corps award that is voted on by all of the students. They vote for the person they feel has been the best leader. Someone they would want to someday work beside in the Fire Department. I knew Shane had a great shot at the Academic award because he had worked so hard, but I was so excited when they announced he had recieved BOTH awards! Man, I was one proud wife. Now we wait for them to start hiring here in Abilene. Hopefully he can get a spot here!
 

Right after graduation and a celebratory dinner we headed to Coppell for my nephew Joshua's 2nd birthday party that was taking place the next day. We got in around 11 pm. It had been one long day! The party was adorable, just like all the rest of the parties my sister Marci plans. She seriously needs to go into the party planning business! I would post all the pictures from the party on here but there are tons! So if you are interested in taking a peek look this blog post my sister put up about it. Here is a few of my favorite pictures though..
 
 

As soon as the party ended I hit the road and headed back to Abilene. Yeah, that drive was no fun when you are exhausted and driving alone! Right as I got home I was in cleaning/setting up mode for our own little party at our house. Shane invited over all the Firefighter Academy guys to have a little celebration dinner. Even though I felt rushed and somewhat out of it, the dinner went well and I really enjoyed getting to know some of the guys!

We ended the weekend with another birthday party. It was our good friend Eric's birthday so a few of us met at Abuelos to celebrate. Abuelos never lets me down. Side note... is it just me or is there TONS of August birthdays? I feel like I know so many people that are having birthdays this month and lots of people that are having babies this month. I guess it's just a special month...I mean I am an August baby as well :)

It was a busy weekend and come Monday morning I was pretty worn out, but it was so nice to see all my family and get to celebrate such special times!

No comments:

Post a Comment