Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Mini Vacay to Fredericksburg

You know those days when you desperately need a vacation but you don't have the money nor enough vacation days to take a long fancy trip? Well, that was my predictament not too long ago. So, I did the next best thing to taking a beach trip to the bahamas :)

I took a mini vacation to Fredericksburg! My mom had been talking about how she very much needed a vacation as well. I didn't have enough vacation days to take off and head to San Antonio for a few days, so instead I took off one day and me, my mother in law Jackie and her close friend Kim met my mom in Fredericksburg for a day trip.

We ate lunch at the amazing Herb Farm. I highly recommend it! And also recommend the Summer Sangria and Chicken Pot Pie...mm soo good. After lunch we headed to Grape Creek Vineyards. We did a wine tasting and had a wonderful tour of their vineyard and winery and learned so much about making wine. We ended the day with some shopping, of course. It was such a nice mini vacation and I absolutely loved getting to spend time with my two mamas and bascially my third mom Kim :) Love those ladies so much!

Had to share this...at the end of the day we went into a candy/fudge shop. They had chocolate covered everything bascially. These four things grossed me out the most though...chocolate covered bacon, jalepenos, pickles and chips. I know some people actually like this stuff, but I just.don't.understand... EW!

1 comment:

  1. We did have fun! Loved spending time with you, Jackie, and Kim!!

    ReplyDelete