Monday, April 9, 2012

What a Hoppy Easter Weekend!

Man, I would do anything to get to have weekends like this past one, all the time! So, why was it so great? Well, it all started on Thursday afternoon at work. I had been bummed all week because I was under the impression that I was not going to get Friday off from work. I understood why I wouldn't, but was sad nonetheless. Then on Thursday afternoon one of my bosses informed me that I didn't need to come in Friday. Hello long weekend!! To say I was really excited was an understatement.  So Friday was filled with sleeping in, some cleaning, working out and getting errands done that I've been wanting to get done for a while now. Then Friday night was a little date night for Shane and I. Saturday we woke up super early, well for me at least, and headed off to the park to run a 5k for the Youth of Abilene. It was a little cloudy and super windy, but we finished it in great time and didn't stop running once! We are becoming quite the little runners! We have a couple of other 5ks and fun runs set up for the rest of April that I am pretty excited for!


Then came easter Sunday. Shane and I headed to church in the morning and then went to celebrate the day at Shane's grandparents with all his family, aunts, uncles and cousins. It was so fun to get a chance to all be together and celebrate the true meaning of Easter. We ate some great food, had fun with a pinata (a new Easter tradition), played some croquet, and the crazy kids swam in the cold pool. It was a great day!

All the Haught cousins!


"Christ is risen from the dead, we are one with him again!"


No comments:

Post a Comment