Monday, November 14, 2011

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas..

Okay so I must confess....I use to be one of those people that got so irritated when people put out Christmas stuff way early. Mostly for that fact that I hate that often times Thanksgiving gets looked over because people are already getting so ancy about Christmas. But guess what I did this past weekend? I put up my Christmas decor. Yes, two weeks before Thanksgiving.Yikes....I know I know! BUT I have a whole new outlook on this situation and I promise I will not judge others that put their decorations out early ever again! Here is my reasoning for my extra earliness this year:

1. Shane & I are spending Thanksgiving with my family in San Antonio this year, and I really really want to come home from the Thanksgiving break to a house ALREADY decorated.

2. We are also going on a two week vacation during the second half of December with Shane's family, which means I only get two weeks in December to enjoy the decorations at my house. This made me sad.

3. This is the first year that we have our OWN tree to decorate. I personally felt like this was a big deal!

So there it is, my three reasons. I also made sure that I am not overlooking Thanksgiving. Not at all. We actually have SOOO much we are Thankful for this year. It has been one special year for us. But I realized that it is completely okay to love Christmas decorations and as long as you don't forget about how special Thanksgiving is as well, you can put up you Christmas stuff whenever you like! No judgement here!


Poor Shane was sick with a stomach bug, but he still managed to help with getting the tree up. He is THAT great of a husband.

All lit up. I just love it.

 Of course my Nutcracker collection came out as well. This isn't even all of them. They are scattered everywhere. I try to get a new nutcracker each year.

And here is our Santa Cookie Jar. Found this little goodie at Target this weekend. Felt it was a must have! Shane made sure to let me know that there HAS to be homemade cookies in there at all times. Need to get on the baking pronto so he will be a happy camper.

2 comments:

  1. So I have to admit it is still weird to hear you talk about Shane as a husband. I mean I know you are married (I've seen the pictures), but in my head you still are in high school, so I keep thinking, "why does Jordana have a husband while she is on dance team?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know where a few of those nutcrackers came from! ;)

    ReplyDelete