Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Lately

You know when life gets a little bit crazy? Well, that is currently how my life is. I feel like the last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind and I am just trying to keep up and keep my sanity! Here is what has kept me so busy the last three weeks and has kept me from blogging..

School started. Yes, I know I am not currently in school, but my job is at a school. The last few weeks I have been trying to get adjusted to my job and get everything under control. I started working in June, but at the time I was just preparing for what I would be doing. Now the students are here, so I am actually doing what I prepared so long for. And although I love what I am doing, it has been wearing me out! But I know I will get use to it and it will all become second nature.

Shane started fire fighter school. As posted before, I am SO excited for Shane's decision to become a firefighter. But with that, comes fire fighter schooling. Which means lots of studying and classes and mean less time he gets to spend with me. It has been an adjustment to say the least. But I keep telling myself it's just a year..it's just a year! 
 Doesn't he look cute in his uniform?? I sure think so :)


 This month we celebrated our 6 month anniversary. Wow, I still can't believe it has already been 6 months! The time is literally flying by! Shane surprised me and took me to Copper Creek, a restaurant we both have never been to. To say it was very tasty is an understatement. It was wonderful!

Did I mention that we have a fish for all of 6 days? Yep those fair fish die fast. So I've heard. Now I know.


Then this past Friday I had a minor surgery to remove a ganglion cyst that was on my wrist. I have had this pesty little cyst for about 3 years now. Right before we got married I had it checked out and they drained it, but it came back within a WEEK. I was a little frustrated. So a week ago I went back to the doctor and  they said lets take it out! YES! That was what I wanted to hear! Not that I wanted to have surgery, but I was more than ready for it to be gone! And hopefully forever. My sweet parents came down for the weekend to help out. Thank goodness for them! The surgery went fine. I was a little nervous because I have never gone under before, but it wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be. The worst part was not being able to use my arm much for the last couple of days. But it is definitely getting better each day. I have a little more bruising than I thought I would have and the incision is not pretty looking, but I am very thankful the cyst is gone!  
I couldn't get a good picture, but see that little bump on my wrist, that's the cyst! Such a small thing to cause so much pain!

Day after surgery. My fingers were SO swollen! Kind of funny looking!

Lucy kept me company while I laid in bed all weekend :)

A couple of days after surgery. Crazy bruising

And there it is, the ugly incision. Yuck

So that is what I've been up to. It's been one busy month. Hopefully October will be a little less hectic,  be filled with cool weather and lots of pumpkins :)

1 comment:

  1. Sheesh, your fingers got HUGE! Can't wait to share cyst surgery stories. :/

    ReplyDelete