Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pug Rescue

Okay, it is no surpise that I love pugs. Like ALOT. So it shouldn't be surprising that I love to look up pugs on the internet. Yesterday I came across a Pug Rescue Website.  Once I starting searching through some of the pictures of little pugs that need to be adopted and read some of their bios, I literally could not stop. I really wish I could just adopt them all. Here is one pug that was put on the website today...



Meet Shakespeare the pug... (These pictures break my heart)

And here is the bio that went with it.. "Hi, I'm Shakespeare, the newest member of the awesome special needs pug team for DFW Pug Rescue. I'm feeling so much better today, but I don't like to think much about what happened before that. When rescue picked me up a few days ago from animal control, they rushed me to their vet clinic for emergency treatment. I had to have both eyes removed, and several teeth, because they said a very bad person had beat and kicked me. I was malnourished, with tapeworm, whipworm, coccidia and heartworm, so I will be in sick bay for a while before I am ready for my forever home."

Okay so this is how many of the sweet little pugs are that need to be adopted. Not all though. Some don't have any special needs like this one. But after reading this sad story can you see why I could not stop searching through the website? So if you are a pug lover or even just a dog lover and are interested in adopting a pug go check out these websites. DFW Pugs, Austin Pug Rescue, Houston Pug Rescue. Or if you are just a sentimental person that loves dogs go search through the pugs bios that need to be adopted. Your heart will break...But you might also get a little chuckle in once you see some of their adorable pictures.

So after searching through these websites all day, I could not wait to show Shane when he got home. He loves pugs almost as much as I do ;) I tried to persuade him to let me adopt one, but I don't think it's going to happen. He said two is enough for us. Aww shucks.

But don't you think our little family needs:

Felix the black pug..

 or Forest the beautiful apricot colored pug..

 or my personal favorite...Mr. Mugsy


Yeah, I think so too!! I told Shane we could either get adopt another pug or....have a baby. HAHA He said we are not ready for either! Which I agree......to the baby part at least. But come on Shane, we how can you say no to these sweet little faces? Ah, I can only dream...





1 comment:

  1. Ok, my heart does break a little seeing pictures of those darn pugs! But, got to agree with Shane...two is enough right now! ;)

    ReplyDelete