Monday, May 13, 2013

Week 34

34 weeks. Oh.my.word. Is this for real? We are now only three weeks away from being considered full-term and 6 weeks away from our official due date. I am literally giddy with excitement. Although I know Hutton needs to cook a little bit longer, I am just so anxious/excited/ready to meet him and give him an endless amount of kisses. At our appointment last week, my OB said that we are pretty much to that point where if I go into labor they will not do anything to stop it. I think that is when things got really real for me. We will have a baby in a month (give or take a few days). A MONTH. So I've been a busy beaver getting things done. The nursery is basically finished, with the exception of a few little finishing touches. My hospital bag and his are pretty much all packed. Yes, I know it's a little early, but I am a planner and helps with my anxiety to know it is already done :-) Car seat will be installed this week and I think that covers most of the essentials to get done before his arrivial. Now we can rest easy!

How far along?: 34 weeks

Baby is the size of a: Butternut Squash. Hutton weighs in at about 4.2 pounds to 5.8 pounds and measures about 17.2 to 18.7 inches.

Development this week: He's recognizing and reacting to simple songs, if you're singing them. (If you're not, start! He may find them soothing after birth.) He's also urinating about a pint a day. Hmmm, interesting...
Best moment this week: Having our showers!

Food cravings (or drink): Coke. Ugh, why? I didn't even like Coke before I got pregnant. I was always a Dr. Pepper girl and that was only on the few occasions that I drank soda. But don't worry, if I do have a soda I only have one. Never more than that in one day.
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope, nothing.
Symptoms: Leg cramps still and lots of pressure in my tummy. I am trying so very hard not to waddle, but it is definitely becoming more difficult to walk. Most of the time I feel like I have pulled both groin muscles. I am assuming this is normal?

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, unless I have a leg cramp. They are the worst.

Looking forward to: Hutton being here! I think this answer will stay the same untill the time he gets here :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment