Saturday, January 26, 2013

Week 19

This last week has been a fun one! Since finding out that our little one is a sweet little boy, I have been in complete baby buying mode! I haven't necessarily bought lots of things, but the planning for what we want and will buy is in full force. I have been on Pinterest far more in the last week than I have been in probably months. I have been searching through baby bedding, strollers, travel systems and all that fun stuff like nobody's business! I think I have picked out pretty much all the essentials. I told ya I was planner! Last Saturday Shane and I headed to Kids Village (a local kids boutique) to check out baby furniture. We had heard they were having a sale and I mean who doesn't like a good sale? I figured we would probably just be looking or ordering something that would take months to get to us. To my surprise we found the perfect bedroom set that was big time on Sale. It was actually the display that they were selling. So that meant it would be coming to our home in a WEEK! We had always planned to paint Hutton's room BEFORE the furniture would arrive, so that meant we would be painting that weekend. Everything is happening way faster than I expected! But, I can't complain...because I am really loving how real things are becoming! :-) I will be posting pictures of the furniture once it comes in.

As I was browsing the web for different decor ideas for Hutton's room, I came across a wooden sign that I really loved. We could buy it on Etsy for a decent price and I was certain I would be buying one in the near future. I showed it to Shane and he too loved it. Well, Wednesday night after dinner Shane headed to the garage and had been in there for quite some time when I finally started getting curious what he was up to in there. I find him making this adorable sign that looks very similar to the sign I found on Etsy....but even more CUTE! Shane had found these old fence posts in the alley and whipped this up! Man, I love having a handy husband! :-) I love the sign and especially love that Shane made it for little Hut!


How far along?: 19 weeks, 2 days

Baby is the size of a: Mango. About 6.5 inches and 10 oz.

Development this week: Hutton (I just love saying his name!) is working on his five senses. Nerve cells for his sense of taste, hearing, sight and smell are developing in his brain.

Best moment this week: Shane surprising me with the adorable sign! Painting Hutton's room, getting cute little boy clothes from friends family and picking out his crib/furniture!  

Food cravings: So through this whole pregnancy I really have not much of any cravings. But I finally have one..one I am not proud of. BUT I don't want them all the time, just occasionally. Hot cheetos. I know, I know. Terrible. I have never really liked them before, but one day I had them on my mind. So I tried some. I have only had them twice though. Keeping it at a minimum!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope! 

Symptoms: Feeling good, but it is starting to get uncomfortable to sit for long periods of times. 

Happy or Moody most of the time: Still happy and still very...emotional.

Looking forward to: Hutton's furniture coming in next week! And having the Anatomy scan/sonogram done in a week. Can't wait to see Hutton and see how is growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment