Monday, December 17, 2012

Week 13 - Gender Fun

I am now 13 weeks. or a little over 3 months. Getting close to be done with my first trimester! Can't believe it! We are at the point now where we are DYING to find out what we are having, even though we still have about a month before we could find out. I have not bought a single baby item (I am wanting to hold out till we find out the sex) so I am just getting really anxious to start really planning for this baby and to start calling it by our favorite boy or girl name ;-) The funny thing is that everyone seems to think something different about what we are having. Neither boy or girl is up in our polls from what people tell us. So, according to what people are thinking, what we think and what old wives tales say that is how it all stacks up..

I have two people at work who swear that I am having a boy. They just know it. But then there is another co-worker and best friend of mine who totally think it's a girl. That co-worker says she can tell I'm already carrying high? (I can't really tell at all!) Wives Tale is carrying low = boy and carrying high = girl.

I think it might be a boy. I had a very vivid dream the other day that it was a boy. I don't really have any certain reasons why, just feel like I am.

2nd Wives tale - If you don't get sick during the pregnancy it is a boy. If you are sick, you are having a girl. Well, I have not been sick at all.

3rd Wives tale - If the heartbeat is lower than 140 bpm it is a boy and if it is higher it is a girl. Our babies heartbeat has been between 165-175 bpm when we have heard it. Super high.

4rd Wives tale - You put a little bit of baking soda in a cup and then pee a little in it. (yes, I know gross. But it was all in fun!) If it fizzles like a soda it is a boy, if it doesn't it is a girl. Again, I did this all in good fun, and did it twice in fact..haha. It fizzled once and then didn't the second time. Awesome. Maybe twin boy and girl? :-) kiddddding

5th Wives tale - The Chinese gender chart. That looks like this.
 It says we are having a girl..

So as you can see we are all over the board. And yes, I am well aware that all of these are in fact WIVES TALES. But it was fun and interesting to see to say the least! We are just so excited to find out what this little gummy bear is. We are not wanting one more than the other. We will be so happy with either! But I would love to know what your guess is! :-)


How far along?: 13 Weeks

Baby is the size of a: Peach

Development this week: Our baby is forming teeth and vocal cords. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy. 

Best moment this week: Starting to look a baby furniture and bedding. Havn't bought anything yet, but still fun to start looking!

Food cravings: Sonic Sunrises (Cherry Limeade w/ Orange Juice) Yep, that is really my only craving. Strange, I know.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Ham. Just can't have it...and when I smell them cooking the Asiago cheese bagels for Einsteins at work it is pretty horrific for me. Terrible..

Symptoms: Feeling good! Starting to get my energy back!

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but I definitely can be moody sometimes. Definitely feeling more emotional already.

Looking forward to: Finding out what we are having...Duh :-) I did just write a whole post about it! And Christmas time!




4 comments:

  1. So cute! And, we can't wait to find out as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We think boy, but can you blame us?! Ha! And look at your adorable little pooch! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete