Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Last 4 Days

This past Weekend was the first one in what feels like forever that I had nothing to do. No going out of town, no working the firework stand, no babysitting. It was sooo relaxing. Friday we went to a birthday party at the country club. Saturday I cleaned my house, like really cleaned. Swept and mopped the floors. That is really cleaning to me. After cleaning I laid out at the pool with my MIL Jackie. And that evening we had dinner with our friends Eric and Ginna and got to spend time with their sweet little one Madison!  

Sunday after Church we had lunch with all of our friends from our Young Married's Class. We always enjoy being with them. Sunday evening Shane was planning on going to golf with his dad and brother Hunter. But I was really not wanting to spend the evening by myself with nothing to do. So I decided to go with Shane to the golf course. One of the rules of the Country Club golf course is that you have to wear a collared shirt. Do I own a collared/polo type shirt? No. Not even one. So Shane let me borrow one of his. I felt like a boy and wasn't too excited about it, but I ended up having the funnest time. It was the perfect evening to go golfing. We had just had a small rain shower, so it cooled off the evening quite a bit and it was just so relaxing and peaceful out there. Shane let me drive the golf cart and I took score while the boys played. I even got to a hit a few of balls. Yes, I was terrible. But it was my first time to ever hit a golf ball. Well, besides put put, but that doesn't count. 

 Monday, was you know, just blah. It of course was a huge struggle to get out of bed and get to work. But the good thing about Mondays are that out of all the weekday evenings, Monday is my favorite. Why? Because Monday is when I go to Body Pump, my absolute favorite work out class and then I get to come home and watch the Bachelorette. AND to top off my Monday evening, I picked up these at Target for a whopping $5! What a steal! Pretty much all of the shoes were on sale. I could of gotten my self into lots of trouble with this sale, but I had self control and only bought one pair. 

Shane's Monday, was unfortunately not as great as mine. He was working on fixing a mower and hit the motor so hard that it sliced him on his pinkie knuckle. Shane of course was super calm about it. He came by the house and asked me to bring his medical insurance card out. When I did I asked him why he needed it and he said in the most nonchalant way, "Oh, I just cut my hand and need the doctor to clean it." Like it was no big deal. He came home from the doctor with four stitches. So funny how if it was me that got stitches, it would of been a HUGE fiasco. 

My evening tonight will be filled with painting. I am redoing the guest bathroom cabinets. Here is to hoping I can finish them tonight and that they turn out okay! I will post before/after pics when I'm done. Happy Tuesday!



1 comment: