Thursday, August 12, 2010

Vacation

I am so glad I have finally found some time to update this!

First things first, Shane graduated last Friday! Hooray! Couldn't be more excited for him. I think he is the most excited since he will NEVER have to attend class again. Shane, nor I, are very fond of school. So being done, is quite a big deal! The graduation ceremony was suprisingly very nice. Since he graduated in August, there wasn't as many people. Only 60 people graduated to be exact. I think I speak for everyone there when I say that I thoroughly enjoyed it only lasting for about an hour! Now if only my graduation could be that long in May....

Saturday I left for a mini vacation in San Antonio...hence the title...but it hasn't been much of a Vacation. I have been busy as a bee! Havn't had much down time at all... My days have been filled with me running around like a mad women getting everything ready for pledging. Lots of copies, cutting, sewing, stamping, & trips to office max. My parents dining room table has turned into my work space. And when I am not working on pledge stuff, I am going to doctor's appointments to figure out what is wrong with my wrist. Turns out I have a ganglion cyst on it. It is very common, but I will most likely I have to have a small surgery to remove it. Bummer.. Although, they did say that in the olden days people would just smash it with a book. My mom keeps saying we should do that, and I tell her that she has lost her mind..

Yesterday I did get to escape the madness for a bit to visit our Wedding Venue in Austin. Thank goodness for that! It was such a fun day. We met with our florist and decided on all of our flowers for the wedding. I feel like I say this often, but everytime I get something else planned for the wedding, it makes it more and more surreal that I am getting married! This is what every girl dreams about, and now it's happening. Still sooo crazy to me. Figuring out flowers was especially fun. My bouquet will be filled with Peonies, which is my favorite. Ah, I just can't wait for it to be March! It's going to be such an amazing day..

Here's some pictures I took yesterday from The Plantation House (the venue)



Do you think we will be able to fit 10 bridesmaids and 10 groomsmen in there? :)

 
As I warned in my last post, I now will take the time to comment on my latest guilty pleasure show; The Bachelor Pad. Wow, was really all I could say about the first episode. Love Tenley and Kiptyn.. Of course. How can you not love them? But what was the deal with Elizabeth? Was she really blackmailing Jesse to make him act like he likes her? That's a new one.. Can't wait for Monday's episode.


By the way, today is my roomie, Amy's 21st birthday! Everyone tell her happy birthday :) Wish I could be there with you to celebrate!

Untill next time...

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment