Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Blessed

I know I know, I have already become bad about updating. But I figure If I can get one post every week, that will be pretty good considering my busy schedule! Ah SO much has seemed to have happened since my last post.
Because of my job and summer classes I took, it has not seemed like much of a "summer". I really havn't gotten to have much vacation time or get to travel much like my typical summers. So having the past two weeks off has been much needed and appreciated. The last two summers I have been a counselor at Camp Olympia and I can honestly say they were two of the best summers of my life. Camp Olympia will always be dear to my heart for multiple reasons. 1. It was where I met Shane. So yes, I will forever be indebted to it!  2. I met some amazing friends there. They really have an incredible staff. 3. I got to be around some awesome kids that made me learn sooo much about myself and life. It was so hard not being able to work there this summer, so when the opportunity arose for me to go visit, I couldn't say no despite the 4 and half hour drive to camp. So I packed up and headed to good ole Trinity, TX on Friday. I loved seeing all the familiar faces of kids and counselors. But I will say, It made me just miss being there more. Saturday, I headed to College Station for the rest of the weekend and had some much needed girl time with my friend Lauren. I havn't been to CS since the 4th grade. So I didn't remember much of the town, but boy is it fun!

Cindy & Lauren. Two of my favorite people from Camp O.

My cabin from last year

After my weekend of Camp fun I was on my way to Coppell for the birth of my newest nephew! I can't tell you how excited I was to be there. I love love love being an aunt, and now I am an aunt of 4! Joshua Clive Brooks was born on Monday, August 16. He weighed a whopping 9 lbs even. And he couldn't be more perfect. He has a head full of dark brown hair and has the most precious little face.

I mean could he be any more cute? I sure dont think so..

And have you ever seen someone look so good after having a baby? I hope I look half this good.

I returned to Abilene on Wednesday to celebrate Erin's (my roomate) engagement! Kolby proposed to Erin on Friday at the beach. He did an amazing job. Couldn't be more happy and excited for them. And also excited to have one of my best friend to plan weddings with!


Once again, new beginnings are happening. I love it. And one thing became extremely apparent to me the last two weeks, is that I am so extremely blessed. Blessed to have amazing friends and memories from Camp O and for all it has given me. Blessed with an amazing family. Blessed to to be Aunt to four healthy niece and nephews. And Blessed with precious friends.


God is so good. All the time.

Untill next time...xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment