Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Whenever I first came into Shane's house (my soon to be house) I will admitt I was a bit worried. At the time it wasn't the cleaniest place. It was a bachelor pad afterall. And there were many things in the house that needed some updating. Like the kitchen. It even had the same mustard yellow appliances from when it was first built back in the day. But luckily I have one of the handiest husbands ever. He and his family put in new tile. Yes, you heard me right. SHANE put in the tile. He is amazing. I told you he was handy! He also painted, put in new countertops and new appliances in the kitchen.We did hire someone to redo the cabinets. With a little updating, cleaning and decorating our little house had been transformed! I just wish I had some before pictures so you can see the difference! But here it is....our humble abode.

Dining Room

New and improved kitchen! Probably my favorite room of the house!

 The living room


Master Bedroom

Spare Bedroom #1

 Those curtains cover the closet

Spare bedroom #2 ... This room is still somewhat bare. But it is better than nothing!

 Our cute little porch! I love this!


I love our house for many reasons. One because I feel that is it very "homie." But the thing that I love the most about it, is that it is OUR home.

I love my life.

3 comments:

  1. I love looking at your pictures! Makes me want to go back there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is adorable, and you could not have been more beautiful on your wedding day. So glad I get to keep up with you here. Enjoy this amazing time in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, hello oh-so-cute house! And it's so CLEAN! :)

    ReplyDelete